Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Osteoprosis and the Army?

I enlisted into the army and went I to basic training. I'm a 24 year old female ,5'6" 146lbs. A few weeks into basic I sustained bilateral stress fractures in both knees (the tops of my tibia) and also in my left foot all at once, for no apparent reason. Nothing more than the regular pt and courses everyone was going through. I'm in the reserve, so my unit recalled me from active duty back to my home unit for six months or until medically cleared to return to training. Now upon being evaluated further i am being told it would appear that I am to be diagnosed with osteoporosis, possible due to being on the depo provera birth control shot for an extended period of time. My question is, does anyone knows what happens now? Will I be separated? Am I likely to get disability for my injuries if so? Will I continue to receive medical care for the injuries I sustained in basic (already written into my LOD report) if they discharge me? I am so very lost now... I never thought this was going to be a possibility, and it's taking forever for anyone to give me any kind of useful information, any help would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment