Monday, July 18, 2011

Resolving a medical bill from an injury caused by a doctor?

Can you threaten legal action against a doctor to have a medical bill written off? I sustained a nerve injury as a direct result of prolonged 2nd stage of labor, causing me to be hospitalized for 5 days after the vaginal birth because I could not walk. I lost my full time job and insurance because I was replaced while on disability. I am on unemployment and medicaid now as a result of everything that happened. I think its morally the right thing to do for them to write off this bill. There was also a HIPAA violation, the midwife discussed my labor with my coworker at a softball game the day after the delivery. Also considered filing a complaint on that but would be willing to let it go if they write off my bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment